Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Christofer's New Aid!!




My adorable Christofer got his new hearing aid in his right ear today! He was so excited to get it! He picked out red for the aid part and red and white for the mold (the part that goes into the ear). So now my little man is aided in both ears. Makes me a bit sad, but on the other hand he is just amazing and just takes it in stride. He has never asked "Why me?" or anything like that. He just rolls with the punches. He is amazing to me. I dont know if I would be strong enough not to be mad or ask those kinds of questions. But I do know that that sweet little dude of mine knew what he was going to be facing before he came to this Earth and he choose to come anyway!!! And I am so grateful that he did!! Every day.
The companies making hearing aids now are doing doing such amazing things for kids like my Christofer. Its awesome. Kids (as well as adults) are able to pick out the color of their hearing aids, and are able to pick up to 3 colors for the molds. And with Chris still growing, he grows out of the molds about every couple of months. So he gets to pick out lots of colors and color varitations. He loves it. I think it helps with getting and having hearing aids so much more personable and easier for the kids. The kit he got with this particular hearing aid today was such a blessing. I cant say enough about the company. Oticon. Not only did he get this amazing piece of technology that gives my son part of his hearing back. But its so sleek, and out of Chris's mouth "Mom my hearing aid looks dang sharp!"!!! But they sent him a stuffed animal named Otto who has 2 hearing aids just like him now!!! He was so happy to see that. It almost made me cry. And if anyone of you know me..I dont cry..I hate it. But it brought tears to my eyes to see. They also sent him a bunch of books for him about hearing aids that some kids have written so he can take it to school and let his classmates know about them (he is the only kid in his whole school that is deaf or hard of hearing for that matter!), a book for his teacher to help her know how to help him and the basic ins and outs of a hearing aid. And a few books that are just about Otto and his life with hearing aids! It was just amazing. LOL I think I have said that word alot in here!!! But its just that.
Right now he has 2 different hearing aids, but he will get the other red one for his left ear in about 2 weeks. He is super excited about that!!! How dang cute is that kid!!!!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

That is awsome Beccka! He looks super excited. It's so nice that they are doing so much to ease the way for these kids. Congrats Chris!

The Hammers said...

It does look "dang good"! He is a great kid, you are one lucky momma. Maybe if someone would send my dad an Otto, he'd get hearing aids. He needs them!

Darla said...

Beccka you don't cry often, but I do. That is soooo cool! I am so glad that we have the technology that he is able to get the hearing aids and pick out cool colors. And yes you made me cry.

Hayley said...

I am sooo thankful to live in this time that they do such amazing things for kids! Chris looks sooo happy--that is sooo awesome! Yay for you guys! :)

Kristen said...

What a good kid! I am glad he does so well with all of it. Good luck with thw new gear!

gina said...

What a sweet boy!


Christofer Peyton

Kennedy Faith

Kaitlynn Hope