Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Advice???

Well not much has been happening..well interesting anyway. The only thing I was thinking about putting on here is wanting to know if anyone had any advice for me about my Kennedy. She is struggling with being the middle child and I am not sure how to help her right now. Kennedy is very much the alpha female anyway...but she is really struggling with something lately. She has started pulling her hair out!!! In chunks. I feel so bad. I just dont know what to do for her. Her behavior has also been worse then normal LOL. And she has been starting to be a bit mean to Kaitlynn. Pinching her and smacking the back of her head when she thinks no one is looking. Taking toys away and yelling at her. I want to help Kennedy, to make her feel better. But at the same time I have to protect Kaitlynn and I cant let Kennedy get away with being so mean. I feel like she needs to be disaplined for her wrong behavior, but dont know how to do it when it comes to what she has done if it involves the baby because that seems to be her sore spot anyway. Soooo UGH. I am kind of at a loss. So any advice would help.

5 comments:

The Hammers said...

There's an actual medical condition involved with that. I remember a little girl had it in our neighborhood growing up. I also think it's a type of OCD. You might need to actually get her some actual help. I'm so sorry. Please, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Is she in school? Maybe she needs an out, like a play date every week, or something to look forward to, that's just for her, and no other siblings involved. Cody has a hard time too. I'm sure it's middle child syndrome. Let me know what you find out, and good luck.

Jenna said...

Maybe instead of a harsh discipline start rewarding when she is nice to Kaitlynn - like over the top praise or something like that. The hair pulling can be a sign of frustration or maybe something more - like Casie said. IS there anything I can do? keep me up dated.

A said...

My kids need time just a parent and them, not very often but they need it. D loves to paint fingernails,do girlie things, P loves to just follow his dad if nothing else. Good luck I would talk to your DR just to make sure all is well.

Hayley said...

My neice used to pull out her hair. She would pull it all out and have BIG bald patches all over her head. Her parents never did ANYTHING about it-said it was a faze. I really thought it was something more-she is a middle child also! I think you need to talk to your DR. A's suggestion of just mom and her time is great too. And Jenna's praise is great! Good luck!

Christina said...

I agree with what everyone else said. I'd make some "Kennedy and Mom" time. Sounds like she may be frustrated or have anxiety maybe. I'd definitely mention it to the Doc and just love the heck out of her:) Let me know if I can do anything. Brynlee would love to have her come play someday. Keep us posted.


Christofer Peyton

Kennedy Faith

Kaitlynn Hope